Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One Week to Departure

I’m so excited to be moving in a week. I’ve got new décor chosen for the living room, bathrooms, kitchen, eating area, and bedrooms…plus I’ll be getting back a craftroom with a door/hidden passage to my chaos!!

Packing is the most annoying task ever, but I’m so excited for the unpacking part. When I moved last year I went from a 3 Bed+Den house to a 2 Bed townhouse…and I had a hard time downsizing my belongings so there’s a TON to get repacked and organized. Luckily, I already tacked the garage organization after I moved in so everything is stored in plastic storage totes and ready to be moved.

The areas that need to be repacked include: my bedroom, my daughter’s bedroom, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room décor, and craftroom everything! I literally finished unpacking my craft *crap* in January 2013 (7 months after moving in) only to decide that it was time to move again. In my defense, I had planned on signing a 2nd lease but an opportunity presented itself that I couldn’t pass up so instead of signing on the dotted line, I turned in a Notice to Vacate.


I’m trying to keep on schedule for what’s going down with this move:

5/25/13

· finish packing

5/26/13

· clean-up new place after tenant vacates (house is owned by my b/f so we get the fun task of cleaning up after the tenant

· take pictures of empty and clean rooms the “before”

5/28/13

· pick up U-Haul

· pick up living room set after work

· start loading up the U-Haul

5/29/13

· finish loading up the U-Haul

· unload the U-Haul at the new place

· start getting things unpacked and setup

· return U-Haul

5/30/13

· go back and thoroughly clean-up townhouse

· turn in keys and finalize move-out with office

5/31/13-6/1/13

· finish unpacking

· decorate

· take “progress” photos of areas as they are addressed

6/2/13

· take “after” photos of areas as they are completed

· make a list of “still needed” items for the house

· sit and relax and probably fall over from exhaustion

Wish me luck!


Chat later,

Cassandra

 

No comments:

Post a Comment